
They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. But this particular one left me speechless.
It was taken the first day by myself after I got out of the hospital from having you. There were butterflies everywhere that day. I remember sitting there counting 18 butterflies flying around and playing in the yard. This particular one, the smallest of them all, decided to become friendly with me, and landed right on my finger- and actually let me get a picture of it doing so!
It’s amazing how the smallest things can put a smile on your face. A gesture, babies, or even the smallest butterfly. That was you baby girl. Giving your mommy butterfly kisses.
The few days following, everyday that same small little butterfly would come back, and perch on my toe, or on my leg. I would think of you every single time.
I miss you so much. I hope you are having so much fun with all the other angel babies. Maybe they are sending their mommies and daddies butterflies also.
We miss you so much, baby!
Love,
Mommy.

Bouquet of flowers sent to us at the hospital from friends, and the keepsake box, hand painted, put together and sent to us from the NICU at Trinity Medical Center in Birmingham, Alabama.




No comments:
Post a Comment